Thursday, February 24, 2011

I wish a day had 30 hours

Ever had that feeling that you are missing some hours every day to do all the stuff you wanna do. Well, I have that feeling right now.....working 37 hours in 4 days and will have 3 games with boys 98 and 1 want to watch 2 games livem. Actuall I have 2 games with my other teama also on sunday, but I have to work so I`m not coaching those games.

I had 2 weekends straight without any musts, not a game, not a practise, so its not so bad. I remember one season my and my fellow coach of a team sat down and checked before the season how many days that was gonna be free of basketball.
This was in beginning of september and he realized in february there will be one day free and then no, no, no maybe....summer :-)
We had fun that year, but we spent more hours in the gym then at home it felt like:-)

My life now is different with a normal job and basketball on the side, but I`m as tired as a ever been, even though I have had more freetime this season than in 17 years as a coach. Since the trainaccident in september I´m fighting problems with a bad shoulder and I have pain 24/7 and cant afford not to work. Shoulder needs rest and rehab, but bills need money and everyday is fight.

I have had tough times in my life but this is the hardest in many ways and i refuse to loose, but I like I always wich of my players to do their best in every situations, and I ask of them to find solutions not to just see the problem. Last week when I talked about these things again (Im like a parrot), when I said try to find solutions,  one kid asked "do you do that?"

I think I can without a shadow of a doubt say that I do just that, but sometimes you need that little extra, some call it luck, some call it karma I dont really care what you call it, but I could need some of that now :-)

"I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person." - Rita Mero

No comments:

Post a Comment